Monday 7 December 2009

PM Snubbed Again!!!


Over on the Dog Blog is a piece on the Prime Mentalists visit to Selly Oak Hospital.

A tragic story on all fronts.

Not just the injured being in Selly Oak in the first place, but to actually leave the hospital to avoid the Prime Minister is just gaulling on all fronts.

The physical pain that some of these individuals are in is just mind blowing.

To rather go through that pain, to not be around the PM, shows clearly the basic hatred and low regards for the man.

The full artice is here but a wee quote if I may.....

Sapper Matthew Weston, 20, is one of the most seriously injured soldiers to have survived. He lost both legs and his right arm when a bomb exploded on a dirt track outside Sangin.

He said: “I didn’t want to speak to him, I didn’t want to waste my time talking to someone who was just trying to make themselves look good. I spent the day with my family instead.

“Half the lads didn’t want to speak to him and those that did pretty much blamed him for everything. Many of the lads just closed their curtains and hid themselves away.

“I met Prince Charles and Sir Richard Dannatt [when they visited Selly Oak]. I have respect for them. Prince Charles spoke to me for two hours. I really didn’t want to speak to Gordon Brown.”

Another soldier, who suffered severe injuries when caught in a mine explosion, left the hospital in an attempt to avoid Brown.

He was angry at the government’s attempt to cut compensation payouts for injured soldiers. He said: “I went outside for a fag but when I came back he was still there. Most of us said we wouldn’t like to see him so we drew our curtains and waited for him to go.


What goes around come around!!!!!!

A quick link here to give an idea of the stunning work done by the staff of Selly Oak.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails